Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares
Old 17th September 2011, 16:19
Banned

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by x360zone View Post
get a vps or cheap web hosting to play about with and go straight for the 5.6 without the 3.1 version instead of messing about on local host
they only run few a few dollars a month if you need a few places to try just let me know price range
hehe doing on home pc lol what plaker never get a site going like this unless your in the usa where you can run it and have 16 MBS SPEED from laneds lines
Old 17th September 2011, 16:45

United Kingdom
Default lol
i have 20mb land line and small home server which costs pennys to run per hour and i still wouldnt use it like that not even for testing i have tried and works with xamp but to much messing about so you may aswell go live for the price of cheap hosting/vps plus running home server for tracker will cost you more in electricity than the vps would a month, as i said if you need help or pointers where to get started and in the right way send me a pm and we can have a chat and go through your options
1:script
2:domain name and host
3:site layout and load
4:staff team
5:and most important someone who knows what there doing on there before you go live.

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Old 17th September 2011, 17:00

P2P
Arrow yep what he said
The are telling you the truth, localhost with xampp, wampp, whatever will only get you so far, there comes a time when you have to hang it and see what it will do. most of the code on this site is small, less then 10 mb, tsse depending on whos version you get can be up to 33mb, and the new zen tracker is 51mb on the server, but to see and know how it will really work, you have to hang it. To many times I have made what I thought was perfect on localhost just to hang it and have the bottom fall out.
As joe said, you can get a vps for around $5 usd a month I wouldn't try to run a tracker from it, but you will find every damn bug there is in a code on a server, also you will find that when you think you got it so fast that it will beat everyone, hang it and you will find out that it is slow, not compatible with every browser (read ie explorer) and linux servers treat things way different then windows or linux localhost does. The time you will save will cover the cost of a small vps some where instantly.
Old 17th September 2011, 17:02
Banned

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKz View Post
The are telling you the truth, localhost with xampp, wampp, whatever will only get you so far, there comes a time when you have to hang it and see what it will do. most of the code on this site is small, less then 10 mb, tsse depending on whos version you get can be up to 33mb, and the new zen tracker is 51mb on the server, but to see and know how it will really work, you have to hang it. To many times I have made what I thought was perfect on localhost just to hang it and have the bottom fall out.
As joe said, you can get a vps for around $5 usd a month I wouldn't try to run a tracker from it, but you will find every damn bug there is in a code on a server, also you will find that when you think you got it so fast that it will beat everyone, hang it and you will find out that it is slow, not compatible with every browser (read ie explorer) and linux servers treat things way different then windows or linux localhost does. The time you will save will cover the cost of a small vps some where instantly.
hehe need a server host and not a pc but if he wants it we can only but help but not be very good at all error after error he will get

Tags
download , tssev56