Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Downloads
Old 5th January 2012, 17:06

P2P
Wink WP-Trader
attention

Attention

This is a beta project, Use at your own risk!!

Transform your WordPress Blog into a torrent tracker
INFO: Roughly based on Torrent Trader 2.07, WP-Trader is an easy solution for people to run a torrent site. Now it is easier for bands, software makers, authors and etc. to be able to get their work out to their users without the high cost of having servers for product download. We hope this plugin will be usefule for people who do not want to distribute their works through the normal channel which like to act like a mafiaa and not pay the artists what they deserve (we will not mention the companies names but you should know who you are and should not fear us but embrace us). Users of this plugin should only use it to distribute work which they own the rights to. The author(s) of this plugin can not be held responsible for the use of this plugin.
Things already added from the Torrent Trader source:

Most of the config is in the db and at the moment there is two sections for the options in the admin panel. At the moment the announce works but has not been tested for everything like wait classes and freeleech. Torrent browse page is working if that option is set in the admin section. Torrents made into post is working if that option is chosen but still needs work done on how things are displayed and maybe a few things added. Download page is working. On plugin activation a user is made with the username system for anon uploads and other things. Admin panel has a safety feature to not delete the plugin options and data when deactivated but this can be disabled if you want to delete everything.
There are other features added (some can be viewed in the different versions) but at the moment I cannot think of all of them so lets move on to the things not done.
Things not added yet from the Torrent Trader source:

Anon upload needs finishing off in torrent upload and possibly in other places. Need to sort out a cleanup to get the dead torrents to not show up in the post or on the torrent browse. Need to add language pics and pic on post display. Need to do a torrent details page if the torrent browse is being used. (May combine the template for that with the posts) Need to sort a default theme. And plenty of others things will need adding so it can have a lot of the features which torrent trader has. Move the announce to the actual plugin folder.(it is in the template folder so the announce can use permalinks)
Things need fixing or adding:

Most Active Torrents widget needs fixing. Pagination needs adding for torrent table, peers list and a few other things. (Will try to add in next release)

To Install:

1. Download WP-Trader
  2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
  3. Upload /wp-trader/ folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
  4. Visit your WordPress admin panel -> Plugins and activate WP-Trader
  5. Click on WP-Trader and setup the plugin, most settings are already set default but may need some fine tuning for your needs
  6. If you see an error about the announce.php please click the button to move it to the theme folder. If it cannot be moved then please locat it in the /wp-content/plugins/wp-trader/templates/ and move it to your current theme folder
  7. You must update your permalinks to use either "Month and name" option or "Day and name" option or "Custom Structure" or if your using WordPress 3.3 and above you can use the "Post name" option just as long as you have /%postname%/ at the end of the url in order for the announce and scrape to work. Make sure that the post which is made for the announce and scrape keep the names they have because of the limitations of the bittorrent protocol.
  8. At the moment until a css option is added for the wordpress editor in torrent upload the editor will only show up correctly on light color themes, so if it does not show correctly then please disable it on the settings page.
Requires: 3.0 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.3.1
Last Updated: 2012-1-3
Attached Files
File Type: zip wp-trader.zip (827.9 KB, 245 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DAKz For This Useful Post:
Botanicar (4th August 2013), Fynnon (17th July 2012), nicukent (17th November 2013), wdq (6th January 2012)
Old 5th January 2012, 18:04
TT

For more information you can view this :)
Old 5th January 2012, 18:13

P2P
Wink yep and....
the info I posted was a copy and paste from the WP website.
Old 5th January 2012, 18:20
TT

And im Lee Howarth
Old 5th January 2012, 20:52

P2P
Wink then....
you recognize what you wrote.
Old 5th January 2012, 21:41
TT

Doesn't bother me who knows my name...

The software that im apart of is all open source, i do not recieve any money from creating modifications or for developing the software, i do not even run a torrent site.

So people will ask why do i do it?

The answer to that is very simple im giving back to the community which give me the ability to do this on a day to day basis.

Not all torrenttracker's are used to distribute copyrighted material and people forget that, many huge companies use it for distribution of patches, updates to there servers and more, and without standards being out there then no one would know what the potential of this software could do.

I am not responsible for anyone who wishes to distribute copyrighted material, however it is my responsibilty to provide help and support users of software.

If im responsible of helping distrubute copyrighted material, then bram cohen is responsible for setting the standard so as you can see there is nothing they can do.

And to finish this saga if they want to send me to prison they can its not like i havent been a before and frankly i dont give a fuck
Old 5th January 2012, 21:57

P2P
Cool Well thanks!
Thanks for the work and hope you do not mind me posting it, I needed more posts.
Old 5th January 2012, 21:59
TT

I dont mind mate, your helping by doing it as we need feedback etc
Old 5th January 2012, 23:06

P2P
Talking tis could be fun.....
dj said in the shoutbox that some of the mods for torrent trader could easily be adapted to work on this, so this could be a whole lot of things to make this into a pretty good deal for someone tired of the usual tracker stuff, or as was mentioned earlier....for those that want to add legal (???) torrents to distribute, the possibilities could be amazing.
Old 6th January 2012, 07:20

P2P
Default Let`s see
Nice Posting mate i was looking to try something like this , and from my part works like a charm

so Thanks

Tags
wptrader