Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Project U-232
Old 24th March 2012, 17:26

P2P
Cool well the way I see it.....
There is a couple issues as I see it, even with ioncube your going to have to restart apache, pretty sure you will on memcache, not sure how well they will like you restarting everyone else along with you.
Next issue I see is I am not sure what kind of control panel he gets with free web hosting, but even a cpanel host with shared hosting wont get you shell access or a way to restart apache.
Next the file has to be registered with the php.ini if the extension is not added to the php.ini then it simply will not work. You have not told php to look for or execute that extension. Again not sure what panel you have but on free and even shared your not going to have the ability to go in and change the php extensions. You can view them, but it will tell you that they are provided for your information and can only be edited or changed by the root user.
Theres a little more involved then throwing the dll in a folder and saying its installed, even for shoutcast as simple as it is it requires at least enough access to start the shoutcast server, something else they aren't going to let you do on free hosting.
These boards are filled with issues that most of the time can be traced back to free hosting, and to be brutally honest, as cheap as hosting is anymore there is no reason to not get what you want up front rather then all the dicking around after the fact.
Old 24th March 2012, 17:48

Australia
Default lol
Why would l have to install it when its already installed on the free host? Hence the term "supported". So you login to a control panel of some sort and stop and start the service as needed. Pretty simple l would have thought.

Here is a little reading.

http://code.google.com/p/memcached/w...iple_Instances
Old 24th March 2012, 18:04

P2P
Wink lets trade pics.....
Click the image to open in full size.

This is a pic of one of my web sharing plans I offer, now if you can point it out to me so I can learn how to stop or start any service, and keep in mind that this is a little higher up on the food chain then free hosting. Free hosting and shared hosting are not going to let YOU decide what services are run on the server you are sharing with 100 other people. What if one of them decides they don't want memcache using all the resources and its interfering with them sharing Grandma's cookie recipe and shuts the service off?
Old 24th March 2012, 18:07

Australia
Default hehe
Your missing the point. Thats what you offer, you can configure any panel to allow what ever service you want. Go and read the support files for your panel. The information on how to do it is there......Besides you can run a simple php script to flush the cache so really there is no need to restart the service.
Old 24th March 2012, 18:30

P2P
Cool sorry m8
Have to disagree with you on this one.

You can not and would not allow any single user to have access to restarting server services where so many would be affected.

I should the pic show me which icon to allow me to do that.

Flushingthe cache is not restarting apache, no more then pressing cntrl f5 is restarting firefox, it just flushes the cache, it doesn't restart anything.

As far as adding menu items from whm to cpanel I used this particular account because it does not have root access, and whm would be real fast to point out that you can not provide root access to an account that does not have it.

Now my man X360zone wrote a nice tutorial explaining how to install, and start memchache which you can read here

And some idiot wrote one even on how to install it on localhost in windows and zampp, you can read it here

Now in both situations (Windows and CentOS) your going to have to deal wiuth a command prompt, simple as that, and a command prompt is available through a server by shell access, So if you know a better way to install memchache with out shell access please step by step us, so we can go edit our posts in tutorials.

And I still want to see this control panel you have if its that much better then cpanel then I will be switching.
Old 24th March 2012, 18:49

Australia
Omg did you read what l posted about memcached. The service would be installed multiple times giving each user the ability to restart the service. You can do the same with apache...Your flogging a dead horse. I don't want to argue with you about it. I'm just saying in theory and given the right environment on a free host this source can be installed.

Furthermore, if you read my reply to the original poster l referred to him having the ability to access and preform chmod. If he don't have that well then his fubar.

Incidentally, I don't have a control panel lol, Why would l need it when l do everything l need to do from a shell on my desktop? Also in my humble opinion centOS is a basket case. Stick with something that works l say.....
Old 24th March 2012, 19:01

P2P
Wink lets do some hardware....
No m8 its your not understanding the principles involved here.
Its not a software issue its simply a hardware issue. Maybe you found a place that when you get a 2gb web space you get your own box, and maybe even your own hard drive, but the truth to it is this simple, the box has 1 operating system on it, the services are installed to the OS, not separate partitions an a hard drive. No more then I can say that I do not want services on my computer to not run on my external hard drive but only my internal hard drive and then only on the partitions I decide. We don;t have that ability.
ANY service is an addition to the OS, not the partition that freemenow webserver is providing you on 2gb of space and not the next 2gb of space for the next guy. Suppose I am running a shoutcast server on the next partition, and I do not like that your using to many resources interfering with my midnight to 6am rap festival, your saying I can go into my control panel and simply turn off that reasource for the server? We have determined already that it is not a partition exclusive service so I want all the reasources for my rap festival so I am going to make them available to me. Now if I am wrong then cool I have no problems with being wrong, so as I suggested, give us a step by step on how to install it with no shell access, or if its already installed and controlable through a freeserver host then simply link me, I got to see this.
Old 24th March 2012, 19:24

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKz View Post
No m8 its your not understanding the principles involved here.
Its not a software issue its simply a hardware issue. Maybe you found a place that when you get a 2gb web space you get your own box, and maybe even your own hard drive, but the truth to it is this simple, the box has 1 operating system on it, the services are installed to the OS, not separate partitions an a hard drive. No more then I can say that I do not want services on my computer to not run on my external hard drive but only my internal hard drive and then only on the partitions I decide. We don;t have that ability.
ANY service is an addition to the OS, not the partition that freemenow webserver is providing you on 2gb of space and not the next 2gb of space for the next guy. Suppose I am running a shoutcast server on the next partition, and I do not like that your using to many resources interfering with my midnight to 6am rap festival, your saying I can go into my control panel and simply turn off that reasource for the server? We have determined already that it is not a partition exclusive service so I want all the reasources for my rap festival so I am going to make them available to me. Now if I am wrong then cool I have no problems with being wrong, so as I suggested, give us a step by step on how to install it with no shell access, or if its already installed and controlable through a freeserver host then simply link me, I got to see this.

OMG I'm not going to quantify that with a response. You have no idea what your talking about. This discussion ends here. Its getting embarrassing.

cheers
Old 24th March 2012, 19:37

P2P
Thumbs down yeah
your right, I am a new n00b,
Only been at it since 1975, thats way before Al Gore invented the internet, we were using it in the military. I am a coder, started of programing in HEX and ASCII. I was around when the original scene group started (DOD out of Russia), and I own a hosting company, been doing it longer then you been breathing air. So teach me!
Either back up your claims with any kind of proof as I have or stop misleading the guy that posted this thread.

I asked for step by step you ignored it, I asked for a link to this hosting company you ignored it to. So now tell me who should be indignant.
Old 25th March 2012, 07:42

Australia
Default Let this be my final sound ;op
You are a total and complete tool. Coder are you, what have you coded exactly? Secondly, what proof have you supplied? For starters, l never asked for any. A snapshot of your nOOb panel isn't proof of your in depth knowledge and understanding of anything anything. Read the support documents within your panel or do what noobs like you do and contact your hosting company for the how to.

Thirdly, any half wit that reads this thread will see you got right of track and went way beyond the actual discussion. You refer to me as having a free host. Where did l say in any of this thread l had a free host?. I merely pointed you to the host the original starter of this thread uses. You are welcome to PM him and get educated.

What part of multi install Mr Coder don't you understand? Did you read the link l posted to memcached which l might add is written by creditable coders.

I don't need to provide proof because in theory what l say is possible given the right environment. An educated user will see this. Being a web host is is about as stimulatory as injecting a hard stool from your ass. Any clown can do it from a control panel.

You posted links to a tutorial you claim the other guy involved in this discussion wrote. Its clearly been stolen from another creditable site. At least he actually referenced this appropriately.

I have had a number of responses from this topic that indicate from people here that you have little or no creditability.

Stop taking rubbish and trying to come across as a person who has even the slightest clue as to what is being discussed. Not only have l installed this code many times, but l have modified it and shared it with others. I have installed memcached a million times across multi platforms and unlike you nOOb l don't use windows and l don't need google for the how too.

All l did was answer the guys original question that went against what one of your mods said. Grow up everyone is entitled to to an opinion and you are most certainly entitled to mine.

Lastly, you say l mislead this guy? Well l guess his success is your undoing. Again you are welcome to pm him.

cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to harry007 For This Useful Post:
RKO (8th September 2016)

Tags
installasion , problem