Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares
Old 19th August 2008, 23:11

Default Witch version is better?
Hi, first im sorry for my english, im brazilian, and i cant train my english here very much.

So.. I already have a blog, but i wanna create a tracker too.
I've downloaded the TS 5.1 SE from mrdecoder, but sometimes i had some problems, and people say that this is not a full decoded version so it can have more problems..

I saw those websites like TorrentLeech, BitSoup and Warezbros and they seem to use the 1.3.9 XAM Version, so i wanna know:

Witch version is more stable, fast and without bugs?

I dont know very much PHP language, just editing some stuff and installing some systems..

Wich version you have less problems, 1.3.9, 5.1 or other(3.x, 4.x)

Thank You!!

www.lucasmx.com
Old 19th August 2008, 23:36

torrentleech and most likely any other site u mentioned do not use xam's source .. they use a custom modified version of tbdev (or winbits depending on how long they've been around) ... in fact there probably that customised due to how long they've been around and how big they are you probably wouldnt find much in them that resembled the base code (tbdev or winbits).

if you want to create a tracker like one of those sites you will have to use tbdev (u cud use winbits but ud spend ages getting it to the level of tbdev so why start with something inferior).. and then mod it and skin it too your needs .. which will probably take you a month or two of hard coding sessions and plenty of coffee.

every version has problems .. from my knowledge all the versions that have the donation system dont have a fully working copy of it.. none of the sources are secured properly and there generally isnt a good copy of one of the xam sources around ...

id suggest if you really want xam's source, going with the last fully decoded version .. v4.x (dont kno 100% but it was one of the version 4 lines i think). and just seeing what its like
Old 20th August 2008, 00:06

thank you very much!

as i sayd, im not a php programmer, actually i dont know almost anything of programming, only hardware. so i think i will not use TBDEV, i will take a look, but as you sayd, i think im gonna use the TS 4.x...

thanks! i will be searching for those systems.

Tags
version , witch