Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Project U-232
Old 26th October 2011, 14:55

Canada
Default 2 question :)
Hello all :)

My first question is how and where can we set, enable or disable CrazyHours ?

Next, I'm building french tracker, and when I put french character (à, è, é, etc...) I have this :

é will give é
à will give Ã

How can I correct this ?

Thanks very much to the one who will answer me :)

P.S. I'm hosting my website with EasyPHP ...
Old 26th October 2011, 15:09
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
First mistake you dont specify which version you used....anyway for the crazyhour go to the cache folder - crazyhour.txt, download and install firefox timestamp convertor and set a timestamp 2 hours ahead then add that timestamp to the cache file.

Your problem is with character set, i've answered it many times on my own forum so if you wish to work that out visit there. bbcode_functions.php its specified as UTF8 on htmlentities so if you use different then alter that, you may also need to alter code side where htmlentities are used, its no a hard thing to do relatively simple. Make sure when you connect to your database to use the correct collation also make sure your tables use the correct collation last but not least use the correct charset for your characters for the htmlentities function there is a list here http://php.net/htmlentities for the html header use google.

Correct collation for tables and fields should be utf8_general_ci
NOTE its not enough to change the collation for the table you need to change the collation for every field that its used to store text.
Old 26th October 2011, 15:31

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoos View Post
First mistake you dont specify which version you used....anyway for the crazyhour go to the cache folder - crazyhour.txt, download and install firefox timestamp convertor and set a timestamp 2 hours ahead then add that timestamp to the cache file.
Cool thanks for this :), and what about ending time ? :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoos View Post
NOTE its not enough to change the collation for the table you need to change the collation for every field that its used to store text.
Oh okay ... So I have to change it one by one ?
Old 26th October 2011, 16:39
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
It does not need an endtime, it will run at set time then it will generate the next time automatically, the only time it falls over is when there was no one on site at set time, then you would have to go in and add a new timestamp, that version is no longer a concern in V3 its fully memcached not file based cache. For your character set stuff i suggest looking on my forum theres several posts explaining it, we the developers dont stay in countries where this becomes an issue, we dont need to modify it in any way, only end users changing the charset will have to modify theres to suite.
Old 27th October 2011, 15:25

Canada
All table havbe now been changed to utf8_general_ci... but always have same character
Old 27th October 2011, 19:58
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
Look mate im no here to hold no ones hand, i told you what you have to do, if you went on TBdev you would find the same info, i told you to look on my support forum because i sure aint posting the same old crap over and over, if you cant work out basics then look elsewhere, i do not have time to answer this stuff, i have a life and im in the middle of finishing the V3 release so will you please do as i said and go to my forum then work it out, you aint the first and you wont be the last and i will tell anyone the same thing... learn and use that brain you were born with.

Tags
question