Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Community Cafe
Old 21st November 2015, 02:13

Canada
Default Need somes advices
Hello BVList

Currently, which tracker script (according to you) is the safest/fastest/ most complete to use?

Don't care if it's opensource/free/paying/nulled; and why?

Old 21st November 2015, 03:10
BT.Manager Owner

United States
Not going to sneek behind back and PM you with test sites or try to push one source on you
There are 2 good source codes rite now that are both safe and up to date
U-232 this is a completely open source code and it is free it has multy language support.
BTManager is not free(there is a free trial rite now) But it is not encoded so you can edit any files you wish
It has multy language support and themeing it is very easy as it uses html templates with tags.

Both of wich have there pros and cons

There are quite a few others out there rite now also but most of them are out dated and well take some work to get them to work on any php greater then 5.2 and allot well need work to secure them up more
in the long run it well truely be up to you in the end.
Old 21st November 2015, 17:03

Canada
Oh great. Correct me if I'm wrong, U-232 V4 is the latest U-232 version right ?
Old 21st November 2015, 17:39
BT.Manager Owner

United States
As far as I know it is.
Old 23rd November 2015, 14:32
SUPPORT GURU

P2P
Hi Eltan,

OK so I can give you some good and honest advice!

Joe is 100% correct there are two good source's and I will say unassumingly that B.TManager is the best. I must add that I'm not involved in either sources.

U232 is a very good with out a doubt, the core developer is an experienced coder and his team have really made a very secure and nice looking UI.

If you do indeed choose u232 make sure you download V-4 for the simple reason that it supports XBT. OK so what is XBT and why should I use it? Well XBT is a Tracker not to be confused with u232 its self, it is what handles the so called backend, you need to understand that the brunt of the work is done by three to four files that is the true ""Tracker"" the rest I'm not going to get into because its not that important for this discussion. OK so when you setup and configure XBT it will do the work of those files I mentioned earlier, so why go to all the trouble of setting up XBT? Well XBT is a useful piece of C++ software that uses up minimal resources but handles a hell of a lot of peering without a flutter.

OK so why would I still pick BT Manager? Well BT Manager is packed full of mods and like U232 its very well coded, secure and lightning fast. Yes there is a small fee involved but it's well worth it. So what do you get for your buck? Well this is one of the things I really like and that is you get one on one support with a quick turn around, so for people that are either you would get some instructions on how to solve the problem you might be having.

Another nice feature is the ability to upgrade the source from the admin panel so there is no need to fiddling around with downloading and upgrading the source code manually that can present many problems. another worth knowing fact about BT Manager is its not based on any other source, the main draw to this in my opinion is 1) Its harder for any would-be hackers to penetrate your site for the simple reason that there is honestly not many devs working on it. But its pretty locked down so good luck to them!

Another thing that i like is the constant updating of the code its self both PHP and MYSQL is constantly been updated this is important because of security updates there might be with PHP and MYSQL so your tracker is secure and for the practical reasons like when a new Linux operating systems are released, its important to have the latest version of PHP and MYSQL because most distribution update libraries will only support newer stable versions of PHP and MYSQL.

But the main feature is just that! It's packed for of features, so why is that so important! Well most sources straight out the box come with limited features and any extra's you would like you will either have to code it your self or copy some guide you find or finally employ someone like me to create it for you.

The other really nice thing is BT Manager's forums it has attachment support, group forum support and post locking approval system for new users to make posts. Another thing that I think is very useful, is the permission system, that allow you to assign any permission to any group or even any user. Of course it has full bbcode support and you can add bbcode in the admin panel.

Ive only mentioned a tiny tiny portion of the many features functions and hacks, I can assure you that there is much much more!!

Good luck! and if you need any help read my signature then PM me!

Kind Regards
Firefly

Please Support Majority Report

You can contact me on Skype live:phesadent.elect but please let me know first.

If you are ever need me desperately then please email me at dan.oak44@gmail.com and I will contact u within a week.

Due to free time I'm able to help interested member's with their tracker.

Please Note!
Depending on your requests I will charge you for my assistance for Tracker installs and mods.
All my mods are custom and prices will very depending on the request.
I'm able to install any tracker and mods including themes.

Please PM me

Old 24th November 2015, 06:13

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly007 View Post
Hi Eltan,

OK so I can give you some good and honest advice!

Joe is 100% correct there are two good source's and I will say unassumingly that B.TManager is the best. I must add that I'm not involved in either sources.

U232 is a very good with out a doubt, the core developer is an experienced coder and his team have really made a very secure and nice looking UI.

If you do indeed choose u232 make sure you download V-4 for the simple reason that it supports XBT. OK so what is XBT and why should I use it? Well XBT is a Tracker not to be confused with u232 its self, it is what handles the so called backend, you need to understand that the brunt of the work is done by three to four files that is the true ""Tracker"" the rest I'm not going to get into because its not that important for this discussion. OK so when you setup and configure XBT it will do the work of those files I mentioned earlier, so why go to all the trouble of setting up XBT? Well XBT is a useful piece of C++ software that uses up minimal resources but handles a hell of a lot of peering without a flutter.

OK so why would I still pick BT Manager? Well BT Manager is packed full of mods and like U232 its very well coded, secure and lightning fast. Yes there is a small fee involved but it's well worth it. So what do you get for your buck? Well this is one of the things I really like and that is you get one on one support with a quick turn around, so for people that are either you would get some instructions on how to solve the problem you might be having.

Another nice feature is the ability to upgrade the source from the admin panel so there is no need to fiddling around with downloading and upgrading the source code manually that can present many problems. another worth knowing fact about BT Manager is its not based on any other source, the main draw to this in my opinion is 1) Its harder for any would-be hackers to penetrate your site for the simple reason that there is honestly not many devs working on it. But its pretty locked down so good luck to them!

Another thing that i like is the constant updating of the code its self both PHP and MYSQL is constantly been updated this is important because of security updates there might be with PHP and MYSQL so your tracker is secure and for the practical reasons like when a new Linux operating systems are released, its important to have the latest version of PHP and MYSQL because most distribution update libraries will only support newer stable versions of PHP and MYSQL.

But the main feature is just that! It's packed for of features, so why is that so important! Well most sources straight out the box come with limited features and any extra's you would like you will either have to code it your self or copy some guide you find or finally employ someone like me to create it for you.

The other really nice thing is BT Manager's forums it has attachment support, group forum support and post locking approval system for new users to make posts. Another thing that I think is very useful, is the permission system, that allow you to assign any permission to any group or even any user. Of course it has full bbcode support and you can add bbcode in the admin panel.

Ive only mentioned a tiny tiny portion of the many features functions and hacks, I can assure you that there is much much more!!

Good luck! and if you need any help read my signature then PM me!

Kind Regards
Firefly

Okay.

So I'm currently testing BTManager, and WOW, I'm lost in the admin panel. You were right. Everything has been thought..

When you talk about ''small fee'', which fee exactly? I currently have the last BTM running on my testing website. I know I have a free 30 days support, but the fee are for future support? Or something else?
Old 24th November 2015, 06:40
BT.Manager Owner

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltan View Post
I know I have a free 30 days support, but the fee are for future support? Or something else?
the 30 day free trial is not going to last much longer.
the fee is for support after your 30 day trial.
Old 24th November 2015, 13:39

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeroberts View Post
the 30 day free trial is not going to last much longer.
the fee is for support after your 30 day trial.
Nice :)

And for MAX 1500/2000 members, I'd like a Cpanel VPS.. Any suggestion for me?
Old 24th November 2015, 18:44

France
For that amount of user better use a dedicated server it is much better than a VPS
Old 24th November 2015, 20:09

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by movizdb View Post
For that amount of user better use a dedicated server it is much better than a VPS
Hum, I'll try to find something cheap so

Tags
advices , somes