Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares
Old 29th November 2009, 21:30

United Kingdom
Default shoutbox text size and shoutbot
can someone please tell me if it is possible and if it is how to do it?

I would like to change a couple of things in the shoutbox on 5.6, i would like to change the size of the text ion the shoutbox as i think it is a little small and also when the shoutbot info comes up with a new torrent posted the background is dark blue and the writing is black so very difficult to see, if there is a way to change this i would love to know, thanks in advance

oh! and is there a way to make the shotbox apear on every page instead of just on the home page?

Last edited by russellhearn69; 29th November 2009 at 21:34. Reason: new content
Old 29th November 2009, 22:34

Quote:
i would like to change the size of the text ion the shoutbox as i think it is a little small and also when the shoutbot info comes up with a new torrent posted the background is dark blue and the writing is black so very difficult to see, if there is a way to change this i would love to know, thanks in advance
not sure exactly where setup but probably somewhere in shoutbox files or your template style.css file sorry to say you need to look that up because I never looked for it

Quote:
oh! and is there a way to make the shotbox apear on every page instead of just on the home page?
yes you can by checking out the shoutbox plugin and see how it's parsed on the front page and then add that to your template header.php but then that's not recommended as
1. it's annoying to have shoutbox keep popping where ever you go
2. it's a server killer so not recommended

there are ways to make it not to re-load shoutbox by using frameset and there other methods but good luck have fun re-coding the site structure to fit template ...etc
Old 30th November 2009, 02:48

United Kingdom
bloody hell i'm lost now lol, i'm not the best at re-coding so have any idea at all where it might be, i've looked in the style.css but still can't find anything :(
Old 30th November 2009, 04:00

well ...examine shoutbox.php and related files to see where it's pulling the styles from .. you don't have to be a pro html/css coder just some basic knowledge to figure this out

You need to explore bit to figure this out ...btw once you figure it out let us know

and yea style.css is a maze it took me some time to understand parts of it and usually just forget about what i found later lol

Good Luck

Tags
shoutbot , shoutbox , size , text