Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Community Cafe
Old 22nd September 2020, 00:46
VIP

P2P
Default New design & tracker project - what u guys think so far?
Hey. So quick one.

I was inspired lately from an old Danish tracker called NXTGN. Cool tracker and all - especially the designs.

So i started to work on a design and i think it goes well (so far!) - so i decided to create a whole new P2P Project.

Just a simple work and nothing done yet, but hoping to get it online later with another dude.

Pictures of current design are:

(Desktop)

Click the image to open in full size.

(Responsive/Mobile)

Click the image to open in full size.

If you guys have ideas as to what i could add to the project - anything from functionality to design etc - i would love to know more.

Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2020, 03:02
Banned

P2P
Beautiful you can adjust menu like treat it as desktop though still get more flexible movements. Example the 3 bar slot float:left; then text beside and still get dropdown menu jquery rite?
Old 22nd September 2020, 09:00
VIP

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam0077 View Post
Beautiful you can adjust menu like treat it as desktop though still get more flexible movements. Example the 3 bar slot float:left; then text beside and still get dropdown menu jquery rite?
Hmm, good question actually. I'm using BOOTSTRAP 4.5.2 - so should be possible i guess. Will take a look at it once home later :D
Old 24th September 2020, 15:56
BluCrew

P2P
$HTMLOUT??? lmao please do not waste your time making another badly coded PHP based tracker. Use modern principles, SOLID, DRY and more. A MVC Architecture to ensure clarity between logic and presentation.

Its also 2020.....Vanilla JS can do everything jquery was once useful for.

Just saying don't waste your time if your just making another spaghetti coded project using outdated dependencies and code styling.

Not trying to be rude but it is just NOT needed.
Old 24th September 2020, 17:57
VIP

P2P
Well thanks for not being "rude". But you are right, and this is an old code of mine. But take a look what i asked for - the design mostly. And then again this is for my self - the one i put onlint will also have stuff like MVC structure, native JS and such - it will be different. Just building the designs into here before doing the other project because with this one i am more familiar of how things work while if i needed to start on another project (tracker...), i would maybe have to figure out some new stuff. I admit, im not the best - especially because my mind is a little outdated in regards to the webdeveloping - so for things like MVC and such, i will have to read up on it because it is un-familiar to me. Same goes for using things like "classes, public, private, etc..." in PHP. For some it is "normal" while for me it is still till this day, an unfamiliar way of coding because i stuck with the old-age.

But i get where you come from.
For now i just do the designs and not the coding itself really. But rest assured, it will be updated. And you are more than welcome to come with ideas of what could be added - but what i am mainly going for here in regards to the design, it HAS to be smooth and not some "label-that-shit-and-send-to-production-and-send-and-done" kinda lookish shit! It HAS to be unique in many ways and this grey design i feel i can work with down the line because i got some good ideas on how to use it :)

But for now - would love some feedback instead of critisizing (sorry if that is mis spelled) the new thing i am trying to create. Your work is amazing too, but i would love everything to be unique so that when people asks "how do you out-source this and to what website?" you simply reply "everything is on my server and the shit is done by me". Done :)

Hope you understand and would love to hear more - except the one thing that is without a doubt without help - except for the MVC part and such, but that i already want to add. I am actually compiling a list of what to look into before starting the actual project - would be awesome with your input on it? Reply if interested - i could use some pointers of what to start learn "first" etc so i dont feel like i go round and round for nothing :)

Last edited by Thor; 25th September 2020 at 01:04. Reason: No need to Quote a post that’s directly above your own.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootKID For This Useful Post:
papad (1st October 2020)
Old 24th September 2020, 21:26
BluCrew

P2P
As I said no disrespect intended. For styling if wanting to use a framework I would look into Bootstrap 5 and or Bulma. Neither require jQuery or other bloat.
Old 26th September 2020, 14:37

P2P
Maybe it's easier to use HTML with built-in PHP / Java right away and not fool your head? The design is ugly, very old and no longer relevant.