View Single Post
Old 24th March 2012, 04:10

Australia
Default Simple fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by parta View Post
hi,

i download last v3 code.
i upload all files into my ftp with ftpclient.

i run install\index.php but give me error

i cant install it.
plz help.

how to install?
I'm assuming you haven't got a clue so bare with me.
Providing you have the ability to chmod the problem is easily fixed so you can install on a freehost under that circumstance.

Firstly, open the readme.txt that came with the source and chmod 0777 the required directories that are clearly outlined in the readme.txt..If you don't know what that is or how to do it either give up now or go and read. The install assumes your path to be /var/www. If this is not your path the easy way out is to not use the installer. Its not necessary to use the installer all info can be added manually.Move the u232 files to your root directory. Example /var/www.

The install.sql is located in the /install/extras directory. Create your database in phpmyadmin. For the sake of this guide call the database u32. Then delete the install folder from your root directory. Go to the include directory and open the config.php file and add your database name and password and your database name (u32)

In order to login you will need to add your cookie info. You also need to configure the rest of your tracker details (ie) sitename, email, announce etc. All found in the config.php. Now goto the signup page and create the sysop account by signing up.

Don't click on the staffpanel until you edit the staff_settings2.php found here cache/staff_settings2.php. Open it and replace the word 'system' with the name you just used to create your sysop account.

Thats pretty much it. This code is not for the beginner so unless you have some idea whats going on don't bother.

Last edited by harry007; 24th March 2012 at 08:22.