View Single Post
Old 24th March 2012, 17:26

P2P
Cool well the way I see it.....
There is a couple issues as I see it, even with ioncube your going to have to restart apache, pretty sure you will on memcache, not sure how well they will like you restarting everyone else along with you.
Next issue I see is I am not sure what kind of control panel he gets with free web hosting, but even a cpanel host with shared hosting wont get you shell access or a way to restart apache.
Next the file has to be registered with the php.ini if the extension is not added to the php.ini then it simply will not work. You have not told php to look for or execute that extension. Again not sure what panel you have but on free and even shared your not going to have the ability to go in and change the php extensions. You can view them, but it will tell you that they are provided for your information and can only be edited or changed by the root user.
Theres a little more involved then throwing the dll in a folder and saying its installed, even for shoutcast as simple as it is it requires at least enough access to start the shoutcast server, something else they aren't going to let you do on free hosting.
These boards are filled with issues that most of the time can be traced back to free hosting, and to be brutally honest, as cheap as hosting is anymore there is no reason to not get what you want up front rather then all the dicking around after the fact.