View Single Post
Old 17th September 2011, 17:02
Banned

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKz View Post
The are telling you the truth, localhost with xampp, wampp, whatever will only get you so far, there comes a time when you have to hang it and see what it will do. most of the code on this site is small, less then 10 mb, tsse depending on whos version you get can be up to 33mb, and the new zen tracker is 51mb on the server, but to see and know how it will really work, you have to hang it. To many times I have made what I thought was perfect on localhost just to hang it and have the bottom fall out.
As joe said, you can get a vps for around $5 usd a month I wouldn't try to run a tracker from it, but you will find every damn bug there is in a code on a server, also you will find that when you think you got it so fast that it will beat everyone, hang it and you will find out that it is slow, not compatible with every browser (read ie explorer) and linux servers treat things way different then windows or linux localhost does. The time you will save will cover the cost of a small vps some where instantly.
hehe need a server host and not a pc but if he wants it we can only but help but not be very good at all error after error he will get