View Single Post
Old 11th May 2009, 21:53
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
Talking Php error notices/warnings
Just as krypto says turn error reporting off - error notices and warnings are just that - they dont stop code running - its just the way some coders write mods - undefined indexes are simple fixes either add a global or add isset before the variable - if you dont know what i mean turn error reporting off and forget about them - undefined varaibles are easy fixed as well usually by a simple

Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: comment
would be fixed by adding
Code:
comment='';
above that variable - thats just an example - i know how to take care of them and i dont expect relatively new coders to understand judging from your post thats not a snipe just fact mate - easy stuff and i aint going through every coders mods patching stuff that should have been done when they created the mods untill im pushing out a final stable release - If error reporting disablement from core.php aint working then you have a issue with your set up again not my problem just like undefined indexes and variables - yeah they may slow code a little but trust me take any source code and turn it on and be shocked when you see the level of errors even in a default code :) So sit tight if you cant work those out and wait for the final stable release - But that admincp works perfectly with error reporting on or off - if you dont believe me ask the majority of guys using it and theres plenty now.