Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   Project U-232 (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   installasion problem - how to ? (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=7737)

parta 12th March 2012 12:14

installasion problem - how to ?

1 Attachment(s)
hi,

i download last v3 code.
i upload all files into my ftp with ftpclient.

i run install\index.php but give me error

i cant install it.
plz help.

how to install? :wallbash:

x360zone 12th March 2012 12:30

lol

looks like your trying to install on free hosting good luck lol
also looks like permissions error on some files

get a vps you will have a success

daffy 12th March 2012 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by parta (Post 33695)
hi,

i download last v3 code.

i cant install it.
plz help.

got no chance of installing it on a freehost man

get a vps or dedi or your wasting your time

harry007 24th March 2012 04:10

Simple fix

Quote:

Originally Posted by parta (Post 33695)
hi,

i download last v3 code.

i cant install it.
plz help.

I'm assuming you haven't got a clue so bare with me.
Providing you have the ability to chmod the problem is easily fixed so you can install on a freehost under that circumstance.

Firstly, open the readme.txt that came with the source and chmod 0777 the required directories that are clearly outlined in the readme.txt..If you don't know what that is or how to do it either give up now or go and read. The install assumes your path to be /var/www. If this is not your path the easy way out is to not use the installer. Its not necessary to use the installer all info can be added manually.Move the u232 files to your root directory. Example /var/www.

The install.sql is located in the /install/extras directory. Create your database in phpmyadmin. For the sake of this guide call the database u32. Then delete the install folder from your root directory. Go to the include directory and open the config.php file and add your database name and password and your database name (u32)

In order to login you will need to add your cookie info. You also need to configure the rest of your tracker details (ie) sitename, email, announce etc. All found in the config.php. Now goto the signup page and create the sysop account by signing up.

Don't click on the staffpanel until you edit the staff_settings2.php found here cache/staff_settings2.php. Open it and replace the word 'system' with the name you just used to create your sysop account.

Thats pretty much it. This code is not for the beginner so unless you have some idea whats going on don't bother.

x360zone 24th March 2012 09:56

memcache

so where does the memcache install come into it??

this is hy you cant install on free host harry

harry007 24th March 2012 14:41

Free Hosts

Well here is one for starters http://opentracker.comuv.com that supports memcached.
Perhaps his account does l really don't know but yeah it can be installed on a freehost.

DAKz 24th March 2012 16:52

what?

Your link is to a directory so I would not get hosting there, no checkout button, just a couple folders. And getting memache added to a free hosting provider would be interesting seeing how there is no way they are going to set you up with shell access on a server with a couple hundred other free hosting customers.

harry007 24th March 2012 16:56

Huh?

Why would you need a shell? It would be just added to the service panel like any other service is so you can stop and start it as needed

DAKz 24th March 2012 17:01

uhhmmmm ......No

Even in windows it has to be installed through the cmd window so tell me how are you going to add memcache to a server with out installing it?

x360zone 24th March 2012 17:16

lol

i thought same D thats why i mentioned it i dont know any host what has this enabled also due to the fact with web hosting you only get around 64mb ram so wheres the memcache ram going to be but hey i know little unless theres a new way i dont know about maybe wrong