Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Community Cafe
View Poll Results: What do you think about [i:2byrdb3p]TS Special Edition [/i:2byrdb3p]?
Greatest tracker source EVER ! 15 25.42%
Not the best but a good one ! 9 15.25%
I don`t like it ! 8 13.56%
I hate XAM ! 25 42.37%
What is a tracker source? 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th January 2008, 03:01
xxx

P2P
Angry What do you think about TS Special Edition by XAM ?
What do you think about TS Special Edition ?
It reached version 4.2

XAM is selling it for 50$

Does it deserve that money ?

Code:
http://templateshares.net
The bad news is that this source has been encoded with IonCube :roll:
Old 12th January 2008, 23:09

Default Re: What do you think about TS Special Edition by XAM ?
60$ now ......
Old 17th January 2008, 23:48

wouldn't pay a dime to that guy :roll:

As former sysop of site that was based "xam's" code I can say that, it really sucks
He's taking money from source what is free for all and doesn't even provide proper support!
Some time ago I went there(templateshares)for asking help for my friend who still runs TS Special Edition tracker and they banned me lol!

And I didn't learn basicly nothing about coding those year and a half with xam tracker.
Well, need to drink alot of coffee and study now, because I want to learn and start my own soon :D

sorry for my bad english
Old 18th January 2008, 02:06
xxx

P2P
Interesting story :-)
Anyway, someone proposed to buy that skin and null it...
Don`t know if that is posible but we can at least discuss it 8-)
Old 13th March 2008, 16:53

Greece
Buy witch skin???
Xam did NOT created any skins for his source!
All the Xam's TS Skins are taken from Free CSS Templates and other Designers Templates.
He just make them work with his source (this is not hard if you know php/css/html) :bubble:
Old 13th March 2008, 16:56
xxx

P2P
Lol, maybe I was tired when I wrote that post, I meant source not skin :roll:
This is an old topic, i was then thinking to buy his source and find someone to null it and then share it to the world...
Old 13th March 2008, 19:13

xam's sources are usually nulled by a guy called BIND he releases um on public trackers just to piss xam off a little more.. however i strongly suggest NO ONE even uses xam's source even if they do get the nulled version

1. The security is poor.. if you want to test your injection, exploitation skills then this is a good place to start just pick one of the trackers he uses and begin

2. if users disable javascript the main focus of the source is gone. Xam bases a lot of his source on AJAX which is a deriative of the javascript language. due to security implications imposed by javascript many users disable it as default meaning that all those fancy popup menus and message box's which made you use the source in teh first place will not work

3. He is using snippets of public code to provide you with a source you then are supposed to pay for. We are all torrent people and what XAM is doing goes beyond the morals of a torrenting user. Torrents are one way in which we are able to show our disguist of the license fee's for music, software and video's and XAM selling a source enabling you to do this makes it basically the same as if utorrent and azurues started charging you for their clients.

4. Why would you want to have a site that mimics another site. You can't edit the code todo any real styling so your stuck to his predefined styles and what ever little styling options he decides to actually give you. You pay $60 for his source or wateva he wants these days and find no one really likes your site cause you basically look the same as 50 other sites they've used before you. Get a virgin source and mod it FFS .. if you can't code then dont run a tracker .. simple!

theres plenty more reasons for not using his source but my fingers are starting to hurt hehehe ... the bottom line is .. if you use his source then expect the worse outcome .. especially with sceners now taking it on themselves to hack your sites for distributing their stuff
Old 27th April 2008, 16:18
Banned

P2P
verion 4.3 now plus v5.0 is out in may
Old 27th April 2008, 20:44

lol v5 .. heres a tip XAM .. instead of releasing all these different versions to make it look like your working hard and then charging the silly people people paying for a crap source .. hows about fixing all the crap in the version your currently on before releasing it .. im sure he wouldnt be up to V5 by now if he spent more time fixing the holes and making the JS degrade nicely
Old 31st October 2008, 15:44

United States
OK, I haven't read this before but I have to answer to this!
Xam is an idiot who is making money from idiots who are willing to pay for his source.
Source is one big pile of crap and I swear its full of bugs that it is CRAZY (ask mrdecoder lol)! All he did is scramble it around so people couldn't find things and fix his mistakes so they could run a tracker without bugs.
I understand he is going for a tracker that could be run by a person who does not have a clue about coding (admin panel all control) but that is bunch of crap! Take phpMyBitTorrent script and you will see what the real thing is. This what xam has is nothing but TBDev which is moded (not well, may I add) to extent no one did before and than he charges for it.
I know xam before he bought php Coding for dummies (book) and started acting smart. People from TBDev (old members) can probably remember his first posts stating "how do i install this" or "can someone please help me, I crashed my site!"
I obviously don't like the guy (I have good reasons for it) so what do i think about TS Special Edition by XAM? RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUNNNN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Ernest Hemingway.

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright.

Tags
edition , special , xam