Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Community Cafe
Old 10th July 2009, 07:53

P2P
Default Stealing torrents - how?
Greetings,
at first sorry for my bad english...

I'm wondering, if you maybe know, how it's posible:
1. I have a private tracker
2. I see on manny good torrents, most DVD movies, that a sedeer just begins to download a relise, but he cancel his DL after just a few seconds.
3. After about 5 min. I see the same relise on another tracker, but noone can have this relise, because we have our own relis group and noone has finished the DL at us.
4. If I DL this torrent on this second tracker, it automaticli conects me with seeders on my trackers. I see that on this second tracker there in only one seeder and in the moment no leechers, but in uTorrent it shows me the same number of seeders and leechers, that is on my tracker.

So they are steeling our torrent, and their users are conecting to my seeders.

How is it possible, and what can I do against this?

Thanx for help.

Have a nice day,
Morpheus
Old 11th July 2009, 17:54
BT.Manager Owner

United States
I would have to say that dht is inabled on the torrents which makes the torrent clients look for conections with out the tracker seems like you need to find the user posting your torrents on another site and bann them.
But you also need to make sure that dht is disabled in your torrents so that no one can conect to your uses and that your announce well not work for no
nonmemebers of your site.
I will no longer help you setup your site, there is a setup script if you have trouble with it post in the forum here or in BT.Manager™ forum
My Current Demo is here http://demo.btmanager.org/
The Following User Says Thank You to joeroberts For This Useful Post:
Morpheus (13th July 2009)
Old 13th July 2009, 08:48

P2P
You mean, that I have to disable DHT in my torrent client like uTorrent...

Am I right?
Old 13th July 2009, 13:52
VIP

United Kingdom
Yes
Old 13th July 2009, 18:36

Netherlands
What source code are you using?
Old 13th July 2009, 21:15

P2P
TS 1.3.9

The other tracker, that is stealing my torrents is (i think) TS too, but a newer relis.
Old 31st July 2009, 13:26

Having DHT disabled wont help you one bit ---PMSL
This is a classic cheat / Hack that enables anyone with access to your site to get the torrents for free with out you even knowing it...

All thats needed is an account to your site and able to start a torrent from your collection of releases.
Once they have started a download like you have seen they then disapper from it with no further call's to site or updates to download/upload total's.
What they have done is removed the announce from the torrent once started or just removed the passkey from the announce url.

In doing so no further updates are sent to the tracker but as they now have the IP's of the seeding users and have become part of the swarm they are able to carry on downloading with no reports to your site.....

If they have just removed the passkey then all thats needed is a script in the announce to log announce's to the tracker with no passkey or none working passkey.

If they are removing the whole announce url then no way to tell other then to log the number of announces made to each torrent download a user makes.If every or high total show low announce totals then they are cheating .....

Always select random port on Seedbox's as once such a cheat has a seedbox's IP and if used on static port they dont even need to connect to the torrent on your site to get a peer list as they just enter your seedbox ip and port direct into utorrent or other directly....

Only other thing to do is monitor for unknown IP's in swarm or to check each IP in the swarm with that shown on the site and see if they are seeding / leeching on that torrent if not they cheating..

Tags
stealing , torrents