View Single Post
Old 28th April 2018, 06:50

Default Ghost leeching problem
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone can shed any light on a problem i seem to have stumbled across.

From what i understand If the .torrent file has the private flag in it (DHT, PEX and LPD show as "Not Allowed" on the trackers tab) then if someone removes the tracker URL from their client's tracker tab the connection to the tracker & peers drops and then the client goes into finding peers state.

Unfortunately this is not the case and i cant seem to figure out why or how to prevent users from doing this.

I have the Private Tracker Patch and Passkey, Ive tested using a different version of Utorrent and Ive even stopped the torrent after removal of the Tracker URL and started it back up again and it connects to peers. Ive researched google but i cant seem to find anything and im hoping someone here knows whats going on and if its possible to circumvent it.

I can somewhat detect it via the .torrent log file and the snatches log, i began to investigate it when i noticed one user had around 20 .torrent file's clicked on or downloaded but never came up as completing any or leeching for that matter. Ive checked the .torrent file in a .torrent file editor and the Private Flag is enabled.