View Single Post
Old 12th September 2008, 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT View Post
Hi there..
Im am running v 3.1 for one year now and i was searching for a long time for something like this :)
Is it possible to uprade without lossing users?
is this version really nulled so i can use it without problems?

regards
I did it but it's not that easy, i had to modify table structures of torrents and users tables to make it working also somehow many users had no names so i went fast edit each one so name shows up again!!! so it's possible but you might face some difficulties and I'm not willing to write up a tutorial because I think there are other methods that worked better than mine

however be warned if you upgrade you'll some functions as you gain other functions
the most important function is SCRAPE which allow users to Queue Seed torrents in 4.3 and 5.1 didn't work for me at all
also you'll lose all MyBB forums posts unless you spend some time and try to recover that!!!
Also mybb forums is way better than ts_forums on 4.3 and 5.1!!!
also some of the torrents might not function properly too and will give invalid data scrape error

what you gain is, a better working Bonus system not limited to 1000 points, cleaner and wider look (which you can do anyways on 3.1 if you mess with style.css)
better leech cheat detecting systems, able to add extra usergroups, and more

to tell you the truth stay with 3.1 and forget about switching to 4.3 or 5.1
the only reason i switched some sites to 4.3 was for the multi-language support as you can dump different languages on the site which was requested by the owner of the site
also 3.1 works way faster and require less resources!!!