Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   OpenTracker (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   OpenTracker - a new tracker source! (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=8077)

kizze 24th June 2012 17:05

OpenTracker - a new tracker source!

1 Attachment(s)
attention

Attention

The original source code is here: https://github.com/n4v/openTracker with a fork here https://github.com/darksom/openTracker

Hello!

Me and a friend are doing a brand new tracker source that we have decided to give the name "openTracker".

We are going to make our own mods / plugins / addons, and then hosting them on our website, there you can download them. But there will also be a forum there you can post your own mods / plugins / addons if you want to share them with other members.

openTracker follows the W3C standars and looks the same in all browsers. openTracker is buildt to support themost popular platforms out there.
openTracker is an opensource torrent tracker system buildt in PHP.

HOW TO INSTALL To install opentracker, simply upload the files into your webserver and run the setup by going to http://mydomain.com/setup

Please visit us on www.opentracker.nu and try out the demo we have for now!

//KizzE
www.opentracker.nu
kizze@opentracker.nu
support@opentracker.nu

Attachment 3747

HUnter83 24th June 2012 18:36

I like it ...

looks alot like the old TTI they just got rid of lol

kizze 24th June 2012 18:41

Hi!

Yes that right about Ti, my friend was the coder there..

But the owner of Ti dident want his code anymore so we go opensource with it, so we will release it when we are done :)

There is alot of change in the code seens Ti used it!

//KizzE
www.opentracker.nu
kizze@opentracker.nu

HUnter83 24th June 2012 18:47

yeah TTI have gone to a SCC look now , i liked TTI code and cant wait to use it

djzoulox 24th June 2012 18:49

no offence but if i where you i would remove your facebook for that site , it's more risci to put you on facebook with that kinda of stuff :wallbash:

Optix 24th June 2012 18:55

Download link ?

kizze 24th June 2012 19:01

Sorry but the site is not finished get!

But you can try out the demo site for now!
We will tell you in this forum and on our website when the site is finished

x360zone 24th June 2012 19:03

hi

good luck looking forward to playing with it

BUT

open tracker

why signups needed :drink:

Optix 24th June 2012 19:10

Your CMS is completly vunerable to CRSF attacks. You should use a professional framework (like me with Symfony or Zend) to avoid that everywhere on your source code.

Wuild 24th June 2012 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optix (Post 35406)
Your CMS is completly vunerable to CRSF attacks. You should use a professional framework (like me with Symfony or Zend) to avoid that everywhere on your source code.

opentracker.nu or the demo?

Optix 24th June 2012 19:35

Demo.

LeeHowarth 24th June 2012 19:35

Looks cool, i like the design nice and basic...

on the demo i came across a notice error, mysql error

Code:

Notice: Undefined index: group in /var/opentracker.nu/demo/library/Acl.php on line 76  Notice: Query fel in /var/opentracker.nu/demo/library/DB.php on line 79 MYSQL_ERROR -
Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM tracker_forum_categories  WHERE category_group <=  ORDER BY category_sort ASC
MYSQL Error: 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check  the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right  syntax to use near 'ORDER BY category_sort ASC' at line 4)
This page is unavailable at the moment. Please try again.

And sanitize user input for avatar url because i shouldnt be able to enter the logout url as the avatar pic, on a module like the forums if it shows users avatars then everyone could be logged out...

unkn0wn 24th June 2012 19:40

looks very nice mate, id shag it ;):ok:

Wuild 24th June 2012 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by djhowarth (Post 35410)

Code:

Notice: Undefined index: group in /var/opentracker.nu/demo/library/Acl.php on line 76  Notice: Query fel in /var/opentracker.nu/demo/library/DB.php on line 79 MYSQL_ERROR -
Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM tracker_forum_categories  WHERE category_group <=  ORDER BY category_sort ASC
MYSQL Error: 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check  the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right  syntax to use near 'ORDER BY category_sort ASC' at line 4)

And sanitize user input for avatar url because i shouldnt be able to enter the logout url as the avatar pic, on a module like the forums if it shows users avatars then everyone could be logged out...

Thanks for the input, i will have a look at it.
The system is in heavy development right now.
Not all the security features nor other shit is there yet.
Keep in mind that we are developing everything from scratch :)

Bump:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Optix (Post 35409)
Demo.

i dont see how Zend would make a different since you'r the one creating all the forms.

kizze 24th June 2012 19:54

Do not forget to make an account on our forum, where you can make suggestions or just talk to us!

djzoulox 24th June 2012 20:05

kizze if you notice you site runs faster with out facebook stuff to :P or 3rd party
stuff looks like a nice source though clean theme etc :drink:

Wuild 24th June 2012 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by djzoulox (Post 35414)
kizze if you notice you site runs faster with out facebook stuff to :P or 3rd party
stuff looks like a nice source though clean theme etc :drink:

Its a matter of opinion ;)

Bigjoos 24th June 2012 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by djhowarth (Post 35410)

Code:

Aye like djhowarth says - You will never ever trust any user input on a site no matter if its users or staff, to do otherwise is suicide, you ensure all user supplied data is sanitized at $_POST or $_GET ect, you force numeric values to be numeric only, you also sanitize every single mysql query be it a SELECT or UPDATE or INSERT, follow those golden rules and you will have no problem, if you do not have such experience use a framework like suggested although i prefer to manually secure my work, that way i know whats coming in and what wont be.

Wuild 24th June 2012 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigjoos (Post 35416)
Aye like djhowarth says - You will never ever trust any user input on a site no matter if its users or staff, to do otherwise is suicide, you ensure all user supplied data is sanitized at $_POST or $_GET ect, you force numeric values to be numeric only, you also sanitize every single mysql query be it a SELECT or UPDATE or INSERT, follow those golden rules and you will have no problem, if you do not have such experience use a framework like suggested although i prefer to manually secure my work, that way i know whats coming in and what wont be.

All mysql insertions and updates ect are sanitized automaticly thrue my mysql class.

in this case it did not check the url ect, but when updated in the user field it is sanitized. i could upload a copy of my mysql class and you'll see for your self.

djzoulox 24th June 2012 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wuild (Post 35415)
Its a matter of opinion ;)

well i don't think it looks that bad, all sources comes with major work and error's i think , that's why were all here to help thoes who can help ,
and also as you guys stated it is in developement , it's gonna be cool to see who will run a major site with this new script .

but wish you all good luck with your source :drink:

Bigjoos 24th June 2012 20:44

I'm no disputing the classes wont by the way if it comes across like that, im only offering advice and " Golden Rules " on something i know a fair amount on, something that will kill any project dead before its begun if not addressed correctly. Unless you have personally written those classes and know exactly whats happening with any given scenario of submitted data do not trust nothing or take it for granted, be very thorough because there is some serious talented operators out there that can CRSF or inject for fun. End note best of luck with it and above all have fun doing so =]

Wuild 24th June 2012 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by djzoulox (Post 35418)
well i don't think it looks that bad, all sources comes with major work and error's i think , that's why were all here to help thoes who can help ,
and also as you guys stated it is in developement , it's gonna be cool to see who will run a major site with this new script .

but wish you all good luck with your source :drink:

IDD!! and thank you! :drink:

Bump:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigjoos (Post 35419)
I'm no disputing the classes wont by the way if it comes across like that, im only offering advice and " Golden Rules " on something i know a fair amount on, something that will kill any project dead before its begun if not addressed correctly. Unless you have personally written those classes and know exactly whats happening with any given scenario of submitted data do not trust nothing or take it for granted, be very thorough because there is some serious talented operators out there that can CRSF or inject for fun. End note best of luck with it and above all have fun doing so =]

I hear you man, but all the classes are written by me, i know what they all are doing and when they are doing it, but like i said, all the data is checked when inserted or updated. so unless somone shows me some real hacking im gonna go with it as it is ;)

LeeHowarth 24th June 2012 21:41

http://opentracker.nu/demo/user/logout/

As the avatar url prevents me from logging in so you should pay attention to what i was saying, a xbtit developer originally showed me this and its probably a common hack in php where developers assume no url santization is required i suggest you check getimagesize out this will validate a url against a image...

Wuild 24th June 2012 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by djhowarth (Post 35421)
http://opentracker.nu/demo/user/logout/

As the avatar url prevents me from logging in so you should pay attention to what i was saying, a xbtit developer originally showed me this and its probably a common hack in php where developers assume no url santization is required i suggest you check getimagesize out this will validate a url against a image...

its already been fixed.

kizze 24th June 2012 22:52

As you know, we had made a demo account (www.opentracker.nu/demo), but now we have been forced to cancel the edit profile account, someone seemed to go in and change the password! So unfortunately you can not test on those capabilities even further during the edit profile.

Optix 24th June 2012 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wuild (Post 35422)
its already been fixed.

Nope. Logout URL is still functionnal when called from everywhere on your CMS. :coffee:

kizze 24th June 2012 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optix (Post 35424)
Nope. Logout URL is still functionnal when called from everywhere on your CMS. :coffee:

Yeah we got a development website where it is fixed, but not on the demo.
But we removed the avatar and disabled the demo user from being editable

Optix 24th June 2012 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by kizze (Post 35425)
Yeah we got a development website where it is fixed, but not on the demo.
But we removed the avatar and disabled the demo user from being editable

You seems not understand. I'm not talking about the demo, but the CMS in general, because it will be deployed in the future.

Sanitize inputs is a thing, but check the source of the input is an other. That's CRSF : you've to check the source of the request. When you're displaying a form, you're excepting data from this form only and block other requests issued by a foreign site/domain or your own platform.
When you're displaying an action link (like add as friend, logout, delete account etc), only the page where the link is displayed can trigger process. Currently, it's possible to call all your URLs from everywhere (foreign site and your CMS itself).

Wuild 25th June 2012 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optix (Post 35427)
You seems not understand. I'm not talking about the demo, but the CMS in general, because it will be deployed in the future.

Sanitize inputs is a thing, but check the source of the input is an other. That's CRSF : you've to check the source of the request. When you're displaying a form, you're excepting data from this form only and block other requests issued by a foreign site/domain or your own platform.
When you're displaying an action link (like add as friend, logout, delete account etc), only the page where the link is displayed can trigger process. Currently, it's possible to call all your URLs from everywhere (foreign site and your CMS itself).

should be fixed on the demosite now.

Bump: Uploading the latest build of openTracker to the demo.. enjoy

firefly007 25th June 2012 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by kizze (Post 35394)
Hello!

Me and a friend are doing a brand new tracker source that we have decided to give the name "openTracker".

We are going to make our own mods / plugins / addons, and then hosting them on our website, there you can download them. But there will also be a forum there you can post your own mods / plugins / addons if you want to share them with other members.

openTracker follows the W3C standars and looks the same in all browsers. openTracker is buildt to support themost popular platforms out there.
openTracker is an opensource torrent tracker system buildt in PHP.

Please visit us on www.opentracker.nu and try out the demo we have for now!

//KizzE
www.opentracker.nu
kizze@opentracker.nu
support@opentracker.nu

Attachment 3747

Really nice

Wuild 25th June 2012 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefly007 (Post 35442)
Really nice

Thank you :) we look forward to the release

Yupy 25th June 2012 15:38

Looks very nice :) i wanna test it

Good luck...

daffy 25th June 2012 15:49

looks nice and simple, good luck with your work guys and never give up.

kizze 25th June 2012 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by yupy (Post 35451)
Looks very nice :) i wanna test it

Good luck...

Thanks! Signup for Newsletter and we will tell you when the first version of the site is ready!

Bump:
Quote:

Originally Posted by daffy (Post 35452)
looks nice and simple, good luck with your work guys and never give up.

Thanks Daffy!

Optix 25th June 2012 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wuild (Post 35431)
should be fixed on the demosite now.

No. Only forms are protected, but action links are still accessible from everywhere.

Wuild 25th June 2012 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optix (Post 35454)
No. Only forms are protected, but action links are still accessible from everywhere.

Well ofcourse they are... but all the data that is passed thrue the GET is checked.

LeeHowarth 25th June 2012 17:55

What about the other superglobals lol

passed through get... erm i was not aware get was some sort of callback rofl, im only joking with you :welcome:

kizze 25th June 2012 22:59

We now have fixed a IRC server, so if you want you can come in and talk with us Developers!

Server: opentracker.nu
Port: 6667 / 9000
Channel: #openTracker

Bump: We have now started a blog

So go in and read it. If you want to avoid to go and look at the blog all the time, I recommend you to register to our newsletter, there we send out each time we update the blog with the same contens in a email!

Sincerely
openTracker

Bump: Yeeeha

So we are closing up for launch time of the first alpha release on openTracker.

We are currently working very hard to be able to deliver a good system directly from start.

So we're allmost done with the admin panel (see screenshots below) but there are still along way to go. We're hoping to have this weekend as launch weekend with live support on our IRC server if you get into any technical difficulties, we are here to support you.

Bump: It now remains less than a day before we release the alpha version!

So go to www.opentracker.nu and sign up for our newsletter and you'll be notified directly when we release it!

We will also during the weekend / next week release the first mods to openTracker!

Also over the weekend, we will keep running live support on our IRC channel!

Server: opentracker.nu
Port: 6667/9000
Channel: # opentracker

// DEV opentracker
www.opentracker.nu
support@opentracker.nu

Bump: The source is released!!!

visit http://opentracker.nu to download the sourcecodes of openTracker alpha 0.1.0

Make sure you read our Wiki for support.

Bug reports may be reported on our forums,

We also offer live support on our IRC.

IRC info can be found on http://opentracker.nu

ENJOY!

/openTracker development team

x360zone 29th June 2012 21:31

hi

nice work and keep it up support wise and source:drink:

kizze 29th June 2012 21:38

We will not take responsibility for something going wrong with your computer if you download our source from a link that we haven't give you!